An IGOs must satisfy the following conditions to have legal personality under IL.
- It must be a permanent association of States.
- It must be created to attain certain objectives.
- It must have administrative organs.
- It must exercise some power that is distinct from the sovereign power of its MS (Member States).
- Its competences must be exercisable on an international level and not confined exclusively to the national systems of its member States.
Case: Reparation for Injuries Suffered in the Service of the United Nations (Advisory Opinion). The UN is entitled with objective legal international personality.
**** Specific note: IOs have international personality in basis of their constitutive international agreements, which confer State´s sovereignty to IOs ( implied or explicit powers- principle of conferral).